Chino

1 Def or 20 Def? Let's debate.

Which?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

• 1 Def Meta
    • 20 Def Meta

depends for a while i had a 1 def and a 20 def. 20 was nice for f2p and cwa. but kind of cancer sometimes if u pk at like revs. Now i've gotten to the point where it just doesnt bother me anymore so whats a few extra cb levels. Current acc is 1b83def1209003abcfd0801b019f90b1.png and i love it tbh.

1 Def in the current state of OSRS, If turmoil+agile armor releases then 35 def. 20 def is outdated and useless

3 minutes ago, PhD said:

1 Def in the current state of OSRS, If turmoil+agile armor releases then 35 def. 20 def is outdated and useless

bring turmoil back

MAKE RS GREAT AGAIN 

1 Def is for sure better, although I'm 13 Def and love the fairy rings/addy gloves/slayer helm 

I have pretty strong feelings about both sides of the argument but I voted for 20 because of a few reason. The fact of the matter is 20 def matters in a lot of aspects of tanking period. In the current meta of kodais, balistas, and elder mauls, etc, you just tank better more often. Me personally I believe that this should generally be seen as a good thing by the community because everyone complains about getting stacked and how bullshit it can be sometimes, 20 def helps to curve the RNG to a more acceptable level. Even in the wild yes you will get hit by more mains you still tank better then had you been 1 def with shit like 99 attack and prayer, wildy is just as important to me as clw and 20 legit helps in every regard so why not go 20 def should be the actual answer. 

Now my other believe is that people should stop with the needless prayer increases to their accounts to help compensate on tanking. prayer should be capped at max 75 but realistically should be 59 and this is because like def prayer is a way for 1 defs to try to off set the faults of being 1 def.  To bank on the fact that you spent 150m more in gp then the next person on something like prayer is stupid and really is a just as bad as hoping your 20 def saves you from all those ballistas you missed prayer on. Small percentages to succeed start to try to be eeked out by the fact that everyone who spent $100 more in ingame money wins, IE paytowin style of gaming. 20 def at least has the benefit of being free and a set standard to which everyone can either get fast and easy while also not being a gray area in the middle like 10, 13 or higher defense levels are right now.

its a slippery slope i know and everyone likes 1 def right now but if something changes in the game and shit like turmoil or even new prayers from jagex  are released people will switch and everything has moved already. just my 2 cents on the matter

6 hours ago, Chesty said:

13 def at the most. what's the point of 20???

13 is incredibly useless, 1 more combat level gets you armour that weighs less & is significantly better. Mystics & other gear unlocked as well. 

Pure clanning was established on 1-20 defence. 

20 defence is great for pure clanning because it unlocks a nice amount of gear for PvP & PvM. There's no reason to be 1 unless you Edge PK at lower levels, because void pures & zerkers absolutely demolish 1 def & 20 def. Chances are if you're 20, you're strictly pure clanning.